- the types of information we collect through our Services
- how we use and protect that information
- the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances
- the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices
- details regarding our use of third party cookies and other tracking technologies
- Contact and demographic information when registering or using our Services.
- Payment information and associated contact information when engaging in a transaction on our site.
- Appointment bookings you carry out through our site.
- Email address information when subscribing to our email bulletins.
- Any information or data you provide by interacting in our online forums and chatrooms, or by commenting on content posted on our Services. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Services.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
- Information you may submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- Information you provide when you apply for a certification or purchase or take a course or an exam.
- Information submitted by or for our members, including employers or franchisors–which may include employees’ business and personal contact details, job titles, and membership details.
- Details of your visits to our site and information generated in the course of the use of our site (including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use) including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
- Information that you make available to us on a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
- To provide membership services, and to keep our membership contact information up-to-date.
- To provide you with our products and services, including to take steps to enter into a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, and send service communications.
- To provide you with information for our products and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To communicate exam results, pending expiration dates or other information regarding your certificate, certification or similar status.
- To provide information or other materials relating to an event you are currently or previously registered for, including information regarding speakers, sponsors, or other attendees.
- To enable additional features on our Services and to provide you with a personalized service.
- To create custom audiences on social media sites.
- To provide you with the best service and improve and grow our business, including understanding our customer base and purchasing trends and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing.
- To detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal, and to comply with legal requirements regarding the provision of products and services.
- Service Providers: We engage vendors to perform functions on our behalf such as: website hosting, software development, data storage, content management, database management, technical integration, marketing automation, analytics, site optimization, conducting customer surveys, shipping and payment processing and providing other business services.
- Social Media Platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through digital cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Corporate Affiliates: We share data with other members of our group of companies.
- Business Partners: We share data with affiliates or clients with whom we have affinity programs or similar commercial relationships in order to market and provide products, goods or services that may be of interest to you.
Additional Information About our Data Collection and Sharing PracticesSharing of Aggregated Data: We may analyze aggregated, de-identified data and share these analyses at our discretion, including with marketing agencies, media agencies, and analytics providers. These third parties will not be able to relate this data to identifiable individuals. Combination of Information: We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records. Additionally, information collected about you from a particular browser or device may be linked to information collected from another computer or device that we believe relates to you. Personal Data Collected From You About Others: If you decide to invite others to the site, we will collect your and the other person’s names, e-mail addresses, and/or phone numbers in order to send an e-mail or text message and follow up with the other person. You hereby agree that you will obtain the other person’s consent to this before giving us their personal data. You hereby agree not to send us the contact details of any legal minor. Change of Ownership or Corporate Organization:We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this policy. Cross-border Transfer of Data: If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data. Privacy@restaurant.org and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence. Notice of California Consumer Data Collection and Sharing Practices. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request to access your personal information, delete you personal information, or request that we do not sell your information, please visit our Privacy Request webpage, email Privacy@restaurant.org, write to or call us at: Director of Security National Restaurant Association 233 South Wacker Drive Chicago, IL 60606 1-800-765-2122
- Personal Identifiers:
- We may collect your name, phone number, and email address and contact address when you create an account, register for events, or complete a transaction. If you choose to create an account, you may also be asked to create a username, and we may assign one or more unique identifiers to your profile.
- You may provide us with payment information, which may be your credit card number or a bank account, when you complete a transaction or set up a recurring payment.
- We may collect your Social Security number.
- We may collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services.
- We may collect your Device ID automatically when you use our Services.
- Protected Classifications: We may collect your age in order to comply with laws that restrict collection and disclosure of personal information belonging to minors. We may collect your gender and ethnic origin.
- Commercial Information: When you engage in transactions with us, we may create records of goods or services purchased or considered, as well as purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Biometric Information: We may collect information about your physiological, biological, and behavioral characteristics.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: We may collect information about your browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with websites, and applications or advertisements automatically when you utilize our Services.
- Geolocation Data: As described above, we may collect your IP address automatically when you use our Services. We may be able to determine your general location based on the IP address.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: If you contact us via phone, we may record the call. We will notify you if a call is being recorded at the beginning of the call. If you take an examination, we may video record. We may collect your image, thermal, and olfactory similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information: We may collect information about your current employer and your employment history.
- Education information: We may collect information about the institutions you have attended and the level of education you have attained.
- Inferences drawn to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences or characteristics: We may analyze your actual or likely preferences through a series of computer processes. On some occasions, we may add our observations to your internal profile.
- Personal Identifiers:
- We may provide your contact information such as name, phone number, email address and contact address.
- We may provide commercial information, such as a business’ name and address.
- We may provide your contact information to directory services providers and public safety authorities.
- We may provide your IP address and Device ID to our advertising partners, corporate affiliates, and business partners.
- All personal information may be shared with our corporate affiliates.
Special Information for Nevada ResidentsResidents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to third parties who will sell or license their information to others. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to make such a request, please visit our Privacy Request webpage, email Privacy@restaurant.org or write to or call us at: Director of Security National Restaurant Association 233 South Wacker Drive Chicago, IL 60606 1-800-765-2122 here. If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to certain rights. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you. These rights include the ability:
- to request from us access to personal information held about you
- to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to ask for data to be erased if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- to request that we restrict our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
Changes to This PolicyWe may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes. For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at: Director of Security National Restaurant Association 233 South Wacker Drive Chicago, IL 60606 1-800-765-2122 Email: Privacy@restaurant.org
- Site Operations: Enabling features that are necessary for providing you the services on our site, such as identifying you as being signed in, tracking content views remembering your preferences and the number of times you have been shown an advertisement.
- Analytics: Allowing us to understand how our services are being used, track site performance and make improvements
- Personalized Advertising: Delivering tailored advertising based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads
- Social Media: Enabling the sharing of content from our services through social networking and other sites
|Analytics||How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services|
|Personalized Advertising and Social Media||Data Policy|